Great Lakes Volleyball Inc. (GLV Inc.) was founded in 1990 with the building of The Great Lakes Volleyball Center in West Chicago, Illinois. At that time the Great Lakes Volleyball Center was the first volleyball facility in the United States built from the ground up. The original facility had four courts within an estimated 20,000 square feet. In 1994 the facility was expanded to six courts with an additional 11,000 square feet.
In 2003 GLV Inc. purchased five acres in Aurora, Illinois and a new 60,000 square foot state of the art facility was built that included eight spacious courts that sit on top of three layers of plywood and 36,000 pieces of rubber to provide one of the softest playing surfaces available anywhere in the world. In 2012 five more acres and four additional courts (25,000 s.f.) were added when the “Great Lakes Center Youth Academy” was built. The GLCYA is dedicated to the development of the youth volleyball athlete and services over 1,000 athletes each year ages 3-13. The Great Lakes Center includes the following:
- A full-time retail store that includes a wide variety of apparel, team wear, volleyball accessories and educational videos.
- Expansive, full-service weight training facility.
- Full-service training room.
- Large, spacious concession area.
- 11,000 square foot mezzanine viewing area overseeing all eight courts.
- Parking for 500+ cars.
GLV Inc. has evolved into an extensive volleyball business providing a full spectrum of services to the volleyball community that includes the following:
- America’s largest camp & clinic program (over 3,000 participants in 2017)
- Home of the Sports Performance Volleyball Club (over 500 boys and girls ages 13-18).
- Great Lakes Center Youth Volleyball Academy (over 1,000 participants per year) which includes programs such as the “VolleyTikes” & “VolleyTots” to expose the sport of volleyball to the 3-10-year-old age level.
- Home of the Great Lakes Power League, one of the strongest junior leagues in the U.S.
- Home to numerous tournaments throughout the year to boys and girls of all levels.
- Recruiting video services for athletes pursuing a collegiate scholarship.
- Full service consulting to assist volleyball organizations in developing short and long term planning to ensure a successful business model.